Thursday 10 January 2008

Reviews: Racing Frogs - Website Game

For nearly 5 years now I (a fully grown adult!) have been the parent of a virtual frog. Yep, I have been logging onto the website Racing Frogs so I can feed, train, buy items, talk too and build dragon fly traps for my pixelated little pal.

So why has this web site captivated me so much that my commitment to "Ribbit Redford", "Julia Ribbits" and "Bruce Leap" (too name but a few) has lasted longer than some of my relationships?... That's worrying now I've put it down in words!

I think its the same reason why the facebook/MySpace/Bebo phenomenon has happened. It has made me feel I'm part of something. Something that I can visit to do the necessary then put to the side. Safe in the knowledge, that I can do the same thing tomorrow. Although we might moan about "the same old routine", I think we all need a degree of familiarity in life.

That of course is not the only reason. It’s also a very well designed web site and one that’s intuitive and fun to use.

Your frog starts off in grade 1, so it’s racing other grade 1 frogs each night. You can choose its food to improve its energy, items in the hypermarket to improve commitment and most importantly train the little fella so your fitness is at its peak.

You race each night winning money so that you can do the same again the next day.
For a small fee you can also enter a "VIP" zone. In here you can feed your virtual hopper some dragonflies, buy more items and even set up your own league so you can race-ya-mates.
As your frog improves it moves up the grades and wins more money, although the races are harder. You also win medals to increase motivation.

All this is for one ultimate goal, to become... A Superfrog!

Don't get too emotionally involved though as when your frog reaches 240 days of age (3 frog days to every 1 human day), the little bloke retires. But stay committed, start another frog with the same account and you can start to buy items from the retirement fund to be a real contender.

This site it a little gem, and with competitions through the year, you will find yourself getting very competitive!
There's also a great community around this site, so the forum is well worth joining.

Go on... give it a go, before you know it you will be hankering after the prestigious title of Superfrog!

Anyway, why cant adults have a bit of simple virtual fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am also an immature adult who loves this site. I've had many generations of frogs over the 3 years I've been playing and I can honestly say that I have never become bored or complacent training all the different generations. There are 3 ponds and you can have as many frogs as you like. I have 4 but I know a few people who have many more! You can have just one frog but then you enter a competition and when it finishes you don't want to say goodbye to your little green friend so you think: just one more won't hurt. The best thing about the game is that it can take a few minutes if that's all you want or it can take over your life! There is a friendly forum where there are tips to help you get to know the game and get better at making your frog the best and also a lot of interesting and downright crazy stuff you can read and/or become a part of. There are people from all over the world and of all ages who have become hooked so there is never a dull moment. I would recommend this site to anyone. It's fun, competitive and friendly.

Anonymous said...

I'm another user of RF and also an organiser of a current competition (of which I'm losing). I honestly can't remember when I first raced. As much as I remember, I did it for a few months a year or two ago, got hooked, then stopped as I was at university and had very little access to an internet computer, but when I left uni last summer, I got right back on and have not looked back. At the minute I'm training 5 frogs, of which it takes an hour a day to train, feed and organise them, which also includes updating the table for the competition I am running! Not much time at all to be honest when you consider the table takes the majority of the time. And also on the forum, we have a good laugh and a bit of banter between us all, all in the spirit of good fun!!!

Come join us, it's easy to play!

Anonymous said...

av女優 ,av,情人趣味用品,愛爾蘭,情人趣味愛蜜莉,情人趣味用品轉,性行為補給站,性行為,爽翻天情趣用品,阿性情趣用品專賣,柏拉圖情趣用品

情趣用品,情趣用品,aio交友愛情館,一葉情貼圖片區,一葉晴貼影片區,可薇情趣用品,凹凸情趣用品,情趣用品店,兩性花園情趣用品


視訊聊天室,辣妹視訊,視訊,美女視訊,視訊交友網,視訊聊天室,視訊交友,視訊美女,免費視訊,免費視訊聊天,視訊交友90739,免費視訊聊天室,成人聊天室

視訊聊天,aio交友愛情館

A片下載,成人影片下載,免費A片下載,日本A片,情色A片,免費A片,成人影城,成人電影,線上A片,A片免費看


視訊美女,視訊做愛,情趣用品