Saturday 12 January 2008

Booze: Fruli, what? Strawberry Beer?

It’s a wheat beer, like hoegarden… but with strawberries! I talk not of a strange new gimmicky drink that has just been released onto the masses of alchopop drinking youth, but of a drink that has been around for nearly five years and created a cult following. I talk of Fruli.

Fruli is 70% wheat beer, 30% strawberry juice and is a refreshing sweet alternative to your standard larger.
I’ll be up-front and honest. I designed and developed the two main Fruli sites on the web, the unofficial fan site, www.frulibeer.com and the official Fruli site www.fruli.com. So you could say I am a little biased in my opinions.

That said I would admit that you can’t (and probably shouldn’t www.drinkaware.co.uk) drink more than 2 maybe 3 pints of the red stuff.


I think the difference with Fruli compared to other fruit drinks, is that its immediately tasty and very sweet. It won’t be everybody’s taste, but it is well worth trying to see if it is yours.


The strawberry taste is immediately recognisable, which isn’t the case with many fruit drinks such as Belle-Vue or Samuel Smiths Cherry Fruit Beer where the fruit is far more subtle. On the flipside though, Fruli is slightly gassier than its other fruit beer counterparts.


As with most drinks like this that are a bit more unique, it really is down to personal taste. This, like marmite… is a love it or hate it relationship!

For this reason, let everyone know how you feel about Fruli by posting your comments here.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely love it!!!

Anonymous said...

I don´t like it. It tastes like Jam

Anonymous said...

I just tried this for the first time last night and it is gorgeous, expensive but gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

i love beer, i love lager, i love lamp, but Fruli is possibly the best drink ive ever tried, just wish it was sold near to me!!!

Anonymous said...

got it from tesco's as a "i'll give that a try" 2 bottles in trolley...love the stuff..not bad for 99p....need it in 330 ml bottles though....top stuff...Gary Sides, Mold, North Wales

Anonymous said...

This beer is great, lovely taste. I don't drink much these days but had 5 shandys of these the other night.

Anonymous said...

I love!!! it, wish they sold it in the U.S.

khisanth said...

This stuff is bloody lovely!! I can drink this all night long, the sweet tangyness is amazing. if you dont like sweet drinks then avoid!!!

i would love to make this

Anonymous said...

Fruli is AWESOME!!! I travel 400 kilometers, from Windsor (Ontario, Canada) up to Toronto JUST to have a Fruli weekend.. Wish I knew where or how I could get it a little closer to home or else I'm gonna have to move :)

Anonymous said...

Came across Fruli in the Banker on the Thames Embankment. Surprisingly nice - its a bit like a Vimto but with the same feeling as a bevvy. Likin their work!!

Anonymous said...

i am really picky when it comes to beers i normally drink dark stuff favorites smitchwicks and guiness but when i took a sip of fruli it blew alway any fruity drink my friends have had me try out of the water. i loved it! though it did seem to have a few side effects a few people who were drinking it suddenly had the urge to grab the nearest person and go home. ;D
If you love strawberries this is for sure the drink for you i wish it was cheaper though dropped almost 17bucks on three drinks ouch and they were very small drinks at that.

Anonymous said...

My sister and I tried it while on vacation in PA. We really liked it, sort of a cross between beer and an Asti wine. At first taste I wasn't sure I liked it. But after that I loved it. It goes down smooth and easy. I plan to see if it is attainable in WI.

Unknown said...

AMAZING!!!!! I seldom drink expect when it comes to this beaut. First tried it years ago & barely found it until recently. Now would travel for miles in order to taste that sweet nectar.

Anonymous said...

av女優 ,av,情人趣味用品,愛爾蘭,情人趣味愛蜜莉,情人趣味用品轉,性行為補給站,性行為,爽翻天情趣用品,阿性情趣用品專賣,柏拉圖情趣用品

情趣用品,情趣用品,aio交友愛情館,一葉情貼圖片區,一葉晴貼影片區,可薇情趣用品,凹凸情趣用品,情趣用品店,兩性花園情趣用品


視訊聊天室,辣妹視訊,視訊,美女視訊,視訊交友網,視訊聊天室,視訊交友,視訊美女,免費視訊,免費視訊聊天,視訊交友90739,免費視訊聊天室,成人聊天室

視訊聊天,aio交友愛情館

A片下載,成人影片下載,免費A片下載,日本A片,情色A片,免費A片,成人影城,成人電影,線上A片,A片免費看


視訊美女,視訊做愛,情趣用品